Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Guest request for Otakon. help please?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member hyaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2003
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey all, would you mind emailing this address for me and requesting all the best manga creators? Otakon is a great convention but they don't have any manga creators for guests. I requested Kaori Yuki, Kouga Yun, Chiho Saito . . . and a couple of others but, you guys just request whoever you like and hopefully they will get the hint and invite manga-ka for guests.

    The guest request address:
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Neko Morningstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2003
    Posts
    65
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OMG! Are you going to Otakon this year? I am!!!

    *emails*

  3. #3
    Inactive Member hyaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2003
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope to be able to go this year but, we'll see. I went with my little sister in 2000. She was Sailor Jupitor and I was Sailor Neptune, I dare say we were the best ones there of those two characters, that I saw at least. Due to our laziness we only dressed up one of the days though. I would cosplay as Chihaya from Earthian if I go this year. It would hardly take a costume . . . maybe some wings or something. I already look the part ^__-

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Neko Morningstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2003
    Posts
    65
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wheee! ^^

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Lamasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    85
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oooh I hope your request will come true [img]smile.gif[/img]

    here in the UK the conventions are two small and can't afford getting any guests :/ especially not someone like Yuki Kaori. That is why I am nursing this dream to make it to a US con one day. Yaoi Con in particular (what a surprise [img]wink.gif[/img] ).

    but even here - convention goers were asked if they would like to have some guests over. there wasn't a massive response so it all fell through.

    so good luck - I will email asking for yuki kaori as well - hope it will help [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ::wishes she were going to Otakon:: I'll certainly request Kaori Yuki [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cosplaying sounds fun. ^^ I've always wanted to try it maybe onnnnnnnnnnce but I can never find anyone who will go with me, since like I've mentioned before, saying the words "anime", "manga", and "cosplay" brands anyone here as an outcaste forever. -___- (my school is incredibly superficial and cliquey. I'm dying to go to college just so I can get away from it all) I found two people who like that kind of stuff too (well, they like making the clothing more than dressing up...me, I LOVE dressing up for *anything*. Halloween is the holiday of my lifetime! XD ), but we can never find a time to go. ;___;

    I think maybe I'll try cosplaying once I'm in the U.S. Are there conventions often? [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I really wanted to cosplay as Jibrille for awhile, with her clothing from the artbook. (I used that picture for a s-c.net layout once) Of course, that means I would have to show half my bra... (oh la la...bring it on! ~.^)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Lamasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    85
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ooooh Jibrille is an amazing costume. the first time I went as The Mad Hatter there was another girl who dressed like her. I thought she bought the costume - it was sooo good. it turn out she made it stitch by stitch and made me feel kinda guilty since my one turned out really easy to make (apart from the make up - it took me an hour and and hour to take off [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

    I say - go ahead and make the costume - school doesn't last forever and once you are out you can really go wild and you will have a costume ready. I understand the us have lots of conventions (unlike here in England- we got two :/). I totaly love dressing up but when I was in school I hid that as well so now I am making up for lost time. I dress up all the time [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep..the US has plently of conventions. Here's some I can remember off the top of my head:

    Animazement(Durham, North Carolina)
    Anime Detour (Minnesota)
    Anime Expo (Long Beach, California)
    Anime Festival Orlando (Orlando Florida)
    Anime Mid-Atlantic Convention (Richmond, Virginia)
    Anime USA (Arlington, Virginia)
    Anime Weekend Atlanta 7 (Atlanta, Georgia)
    AnimeFEST.com (Dallas, Texas)
    AnimeIowa (Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
    AnimeNext (This is in the New York, New Jersey, Conneticut areas)
    Big Apple Anime Festival (New York, New York)
    Fanime Con (San Jose, California)
    Ikasucon (Cincinnati, Ohio)
    Katsucon 8 (Baltimore, Maryland)
    Port Con Maine (Portland, Maine)
    Sakura Con(Seattle, Washington)
    Shoujocon (Rye, New York)
    TOTEMCon (Danvers, Massachusetts)

    And there's probably about 10-15 others I can't remember ^^

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Lamasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    85
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is YaoiCon in San Fransisco too.

    *gets dreamy look in her eyes and wonders off*

    I'll go to that one one day - I swear!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •